Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Moving to Winnipeg!

Hey Everyone!

After playing for one year on the Team Canada Women's Volleyball "B" team in 2009, and then after making the "A" team this past summer, I decided to move from Vancouver, BC to Winnipeg, MB to train at the Full Time Training Centre for Team Canada Volleyball so I could improve as much as possible in the year(s) leading up to the Olympics. This past summer, I was one of 3 players not selected to travel and compete with the "A" team at the World Championships in Japan.  It was really hard training all summer, working out almost every day, and then not getting the chance to compete in one of the biggest volleyball tournaments in the world (other than the Olympics of course!)  With this blog, I'm going to post some videos and let you have a little glimpse of what it's like to be a National Team Athlete who trains 5 days a week (sometimes 6!), for 5-6 hrs a day.  This is my job and its tough, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment